Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday's Quick Hits

  • The news is out on Blackberry (RIMM), causing shares to surge almost 10% on the news.  Sliding a bit after that, but probably good news for those folks who love their crackberry.  I don't own RIMM, and don't have much interest.  I'm a bigger fan of the Treo (but don't own Palm).  I like all-in-one devices.  From what I hear/read, folks who use the Treo after using a Blackberry, are converted pretty easily.  And this isn't to say that another company won't come out with something better.  Heck, imagine if Apple puts a phone in their iPods...
  • Steve Francis to the Knicks.  Hmm.
  • Oil is down, but it is February.  My guess (and that's all it is), is that as the weather warms up in Spring, the demand for gasoline will increase.

  • A failed terrorist attack on Saudi Arabian oil fields, and Nigerian militants threatening their oil production...  President Bush is right.  We need to figure out how to get off of oil.  And natural gas, too.
  • We're in the last hour of trading, and the market seems to want to close up today.
  • I'm feeling better as the day goes on.  Thank goodness. 
  • Netflix flicks for the weekend...  The final disc of the series Firefly, followed up by the movie Serenity (which was the movie made after the series was cancelled).
  • I missed the first half of the season of Lost, so when ABC was showing the first episode the other night I wanted to watch it.  But I only watched during the commercials of American Idol.  Why would I want to miss Bobby Bennett singing Copacabana?

blog comments powered by Disqus