Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentines Day!

  • If the market were selling today, I'd think the contrarian play would be to buy ahead of any positive comments from Helicopter Ben this week. But since we're rallying today, I think this idea has been embraced by traders and is being priced in.. These folks might sell quickly on any bump from Helicopter Ben. I don't think I'm going to try and game this. I'm just remaining long at this point.

  • On 24, Jack gets captured and escapes more in a 24-hour period more than most folks do in a lifetime!

  • If you haven't read Empire of Debt, you might want to take a look. Doesn't paint a pretty picture of the American Empire. And both major political parties have embraced the path that we're on. I remember in high school, reading some book about the evolution of nations. It told about how nations rise and fall. We're going down that same road.

  • How about the US women in the half-pipe? Well done!

  • Hey, Happy Valentines Day! Any plans?

  • I like those little candy hearts with messages on them. "Be mine." Etc. They don't taste that great, but maybe remind me of those younger care-free days of school handing out and receiving valentines cards with those candies in them. They still do that at schools, or is it not politically correct anymore?

blog comments powered by Disqus