Sunday, December 11, 2005

Funday Sunday

  • Great finishes to the Dolphins-Chargers and Chiefs-Cowboys games.

  • We're heading into options expiration week. Normally a good thing for stocks, especially if the week prior was down. It is December, too. Of course, everybody seems worried about a January sell-off like we had the past 2 years, so maybe that's why we've seen some weakness and folks try to front that. I remain bullish, FWIW!

  • Larry Kudlow and Barry Ritholz podcast from Kudlow and Company.

  • This is good, Alan Greenspan warns (and the headlines stating so). I think we'll all miss The Maestro when he's retired. Do you think he'll retire or start a new career? I think I'm just kidding.

  • As if you need more to read, but in case you do, Birinyi's weekend reading list. He includes the link to the "I-Bond for the holidays" stocking stuffer for kids. And remember kids, that I-Bond grows tax free for 30 years, because Santa is a Republican!

  • Peter Brimelow on stock picking (versus owning the DOW index). Says individual stock picking has worked. Well, I think that's true as long as you pick the right stocks. No Pfizer or Ebay, lots of Apple. All you need is the ability to predict the future, and this too can for you.

  • If you and your friends have been arguing during football commercials today what the bestselling non-fiction book the new manager of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays is reading, stop the arguing! If you guessed what Joe Maddon is reading, you win!

  • Have an opinion on rent control? This is from Cafe Hayek. I don' t like rent control, because I think it puts upward price pressure for new owners.

  • I haven't decided if I'm going to get the new INXS music, starring Rock Star INXS winner, JD Fortune. I think they picked the wrong guy. But, the new INXS music received decent reviews.

  • If you've followed the dietary supplement craze, then you know it's quite confusing knowing whether or not one should take this vitamin or that vitamin, or various supplements. Just to confuse the matter more, experts urge less focus on antioxidants. I quit taking supplements a long time ago. I think it just makes your pee expensive.

  • OK, back to the NFL. I have Samkon Gado going for my fantasy squad....


blog comments powered by Disqus