Friday, December 16, 2005

Mushy Market


 
  • I have to start off with The Apprentice finale last night.  I have to say that Randall was the easy choice.  But Rebecca was pretty good.  I was wondering if Trump would offer them both a job at the end, and he almost did.  I thought Randall fell down there a little.  On one hand, there can be only one Apprentice, and I understand him wanting all the spoils.  On the otherhand, if there was all that respect and love between Randall and Rebecca, you think he'd have said "Mr. Trump, hire her, too."
  • The stock market was mushy all week.  It's almost as if the week didn't happen at all.  Unless you owned ABGX, of course.  That would've been a good week.  I owned it earlier this year, but bailed.  DRAT.  (The "DRAT" is for bailing at a loss.)  But who knows why Amgen bought 'em.  That's the puzzling part.
  • It's cold and foggy here.   Welcome to winters in Sacramento.   It'll be like this until a couple weeks after the Super Bowl.  It does clear up after rain storms for a bit.
  • Oh, yesterday's comment about the 10 consecutive quarters of GDP growth over 3%?  Turns out, it's not a Rovian lie after all.  Here's the chart!
  • Every year, we go through this "War on Christmas" stuff.  Everybody knows it's Christmas.  It is so ingrained in our culture, that we're unlikely to rid ourselves of it.  Couldn't even if we wanted to.
  • I think today was it for Howard Stern on free radio.  Now his show is for subscribers only, on satellite radio.  I wonder if droves of followers are hitting the stores buying their satellite receievers?  Or, are they waiting to see what their local AM station puts on in Stern's place?  This is kind of interesting.
  • I forgot about the Winter Olympics.  They start in February.   I like 'em.

blog comments powered by Disqus