Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Rolling Out of Here

I can just tell we're going down from here, Muck!

 
  • 'Tis the season for best of this and the worst of that.  Fortune has their list of stocks and funds.  How'd you do?  I'll spill my performance beans at year end.

  • Oh, speaking of, I did roll out of my Microsoft and put more into the QQQQ.  Am I a glutton or what?  Despite my Black Box sell signals, I'm ignoring them because Santa Claus is coming to town.  (I've been a good kid, and put "higher market" on my Christmas list.)  Well, seriously, mostly for the reasons listed earlier today.  Not a recommendation, of course.  

  • More links?  How about the Negative Nellies over at Angry Bear?  Kash talks about the US running a trade deficit with just about everybody on the planet.  Well, a ton of that is oil.  We love oil.  I don't know what we import from Germany.  Maybe those are tailgaters up in Green Bay grillin' their Brats before the Packers games.  "Ron, just got the parcel from Germany.  Lets grab the barbeque and head to Lambeau Field."

  • As if you needed another reason to get up early tomorrow, the CPI data will be released at 8:30am EST.  You can read more preview info about this from Mark Mahorney over at BlogginWallStreet.  That'll be interesting for the markets. 
  • Blueprint for Financial Prosperity interviews The Millionaire Blog.  Kind of a religion and finances mix.

  • After watching The Amazing Race finale last night, I had a dream that I was in the Amazing Race!  Don't remember much, other than my teammate was up at the finish line urging me to run faster so that we could be #1, and of course I was running really slow (as one normally does in dreams).  The race ended up in tie, so the show went to an audience poll on who should win.  Obviously, my brain can't keep these reality show formats straight.  Must've had American Idol on the mind!

  • Just thinking to myself here, but if the Fed is done or near done with rate hikes, how about that Annaly Mortgage?  NLY.  Hmm.  The yield curve is killing them now I think, but is the worst priced in?  More. Research.  Needed.

  • I just tried one of those low carb high protein energy bars.  YUCK!   It said it was "Smores flavor."  Yeah, smores from a camping nightmare.  No need to hide your food from the bears in that scenario, either.

  • My thoughts on Sirius Satellite Radio?  Well, Howard Stern is popular, but what is his listening demographic?  If folks are listening to him over the open airwaves today, will they pay to listen to him?  And where do folks listen to him, from work?  Can you pick up Sirius Satellite Radio at work?  How are the books at Sirius?  Revenues vs expenditures?  Just thinking to myself on this one.  I don't know.

blog comments powered by Disqus