Thursday, June 08, 2006

A Fool and His Money?

  • A really quick note to say that I'm rotating more into high beta holdings, aka the Nasdaq 100. I know that's not working out for me so far the past week, but my losses have been light (a few percent).  As I've stated, I think this is a normal correction within the bull market.  We're near the lows of the correction, heck we're making new lows as I type.  This is my third buy of beta.  My first buy was early last thursday, and again near the close on monday.  You know what they say about a fool and his money, eh?
  • I believe we're having the mid-term election year pullback within the normally weak summer season.  We're in the week before options expiration, which is often times negative for the market.  However, the market sometimes makes a stand on wed-thurs of pre-options week and rallies into the options week.  We shall see.
  • More later.

blog comments powered by Disqus